Re: Increasing Screen Resolution

On Monday 07 Jun 2004 22:56, Robert Tilley wrote:
> I have dpkg-reconfigure'd xserver-xfree86, edited /etc/X11/XF86Config,
> edited /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, and experimented with KRandR.  The only mode
> that is still present is 1280x1024, however 1024x768 is still used.
> Nothing I have done has changed this.
>
> Needless to say, I need help.  What can I do to increase
> my screen resolution to 1280x1024?

Bob,

You may need to check your monitor specifications, and set the monitor
frequencies accordingly using dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86.
dpkg-reconfigure asks you how simple you want questions about your monitor to
be.  If you choose a more complex option, you'll get to alter frequencies,
etc.

Sorry if this is badly explained.  I'm tired.  But I hope it helps :)

--
Lee Braiden
lee_b@member.fsf.org