Re: Mozilla-Thuderbird and Space key

On 05-06-2004 23:56, Ralph Katz wrote:
On 06/05/04 08:50, Michal R. Hoffmann wrote:
I have problem with Mozilla Thunderbird (Debian/unstable). When I read message, pressing space key should make "Page down" (like in browser). On my Win2000 box, Mozilla Thunderbird does. But in Debian it goes to the next message. Why? And how can I "repair" this? It's really annoying.
For me, Mozilla Thunderbird (0.6-1) does page down with the space bar. As you reach the bottom of a new message, pressing the space bar will move to the next unread message. The space bar does not advance you to the next message if the message is already read.

Be sure your focus is on the message pane/window. There have been some Mozilla issues with focus (see the bug reports).
why should I be in message pane? I've used to be in the list-of-messages pane. On MS Windows, MT works OK, I can be either in message pane or list-of-messages pane; spacebar always pages down and on the end of message advances to the next message. On Debian when I'm in the list of messages it always advances to the next message. I'm not sure how it is when I'm in the message pane, will try tonight.

Otherwise, I'm unable to offer any suggestions beyond checking mozillazine forums, then filing a bug report.
I'll try...

On a positive note, be sure to grab mozilla-thunderbird-typeaheadfind to enable the "find as you type" features as you have in mozilla and firefox.
thx :) Mozilla extensions are great, although I miss some functions from Mozilla (Suite?) Mail in MT still.

Greetings,
--
misiek
***  Michal R. Hoffmann        |    <mailto:misiek@knm.org.pl>      ***