Re: Still cannot install the nvidia driver-SOLVED
I solve the problem now. The main problem is that
I have not the package module-init-tools. Therefore,
the following error message keeps appearing:
QM_MODULES: Funnction not implemented
After I have installed the module-init-tools, then
under the instruction of welly hartanto:
Welly writes the following:
debian box sid 2.6.5 and
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run. Doing :
- cd NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336.pkg1
- as root doing : make install
- edit /etc/inittab and change default runlevel to
- cd to the directory where the NVIDIA...pkg1.run
- the installer suggest to change runlevel to 3.
in my case, I didn't do what it suggest and go
on with runlevel 1 by answering 'No'.
- the installer said that there's no kernel
interfaces and suggest to download...say 'NO' !
- the installer than built its own kernel
interface for 2.6.5, just wait and see untill all
- change runlevel via /etc/inittab to 5 ( or
whatever you wish )
DON'T FORGET : edit the XFree config file as discribe
in README. ( add Load "glx" remove Load "dri" and
"GLcore", change driver "nvidia" )
Have a nice tuxrace.....
Then no error message appears, and the nvidia
driver have installed successfully.
Thank you for all guiding me to the solution.