How do I stop portmap from listening on port 111 on my internet connection?

I'm using Debian unstable. I use gnome so I need FAM, which in turn needs portmap. That's fine with me but I don't want portmap to listen on port 111. I read man portmap and famd but didn't find what I was looking for? Also I don't want to just block it with a firewall, I want to understand how to stop it from the inside.

Thanks in advance.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com