Re: Startup differences between debian and Suse

Sorry that was a "PEBKAC"

My Kernel version is 2.4.26.

Cheers Brian

s. keeling wrote:
Incoming from Brian:

on Suse (the versions I have seen) and the Fedora version I have seen its easy to tell which services have started OK. But For some reason I am missing this in Debian. I am running a 2.2.26 Kernel which is a Knoppix HD Install.

2.2.x is getting pretty long in the tooth.

I seem to be missing the runlevel stuff completely, the installation is working OK though. So I am wondering where these messages should be or how

You can tweak VERBOSE in /etc/default/rcS if you don't see enough
information, and the messages themselves should be in one of
/var/log/*

dmesg should show many of them too.