Kernel 2.6 printing problems

I've tried both magicfilter and apsfilter for printing in kernel 2.6.
Both will only print plain text; the filters don't work on html or jpeg
files, for example. Magicfilter is fine in kernel 2.4.

In the log file I get:

	/etc/magicfilter/ljet4-filter: Interrupted system call

The best solution I've found is to convert such files to ps form and
then print them, but this defeats the idea of an automatic filter.
Searching on google hasn't produced anything useful.

Has anyone had better luck with this?

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic