Re: OT - trivial programming language

Incoming from Kai Grossjohann:

> Also, I find it interesting that RMS is not opposed to duplication of
> code.  Given the results, his position can't be all that stupid.  Of
> course, this contradicts with the teaching we all got in school, where
> they told us that duplicating code leads us to programmer's hell.  I'm
> still trying to figure out where this contradiction comes from and how
> to resolve it.

Maybe someone should ask him.

I know that if I want something to perform some action, I'd like to
call a black box that knows how to do that.  Anytime something in that
black box is found to be insufficient, I know to go to that black box
to fix it.  Everything that uses that box is updated when it is.

With cut/copy + paste, I don't know where to go to add the fix(es),
and I never would know whether I'd found them all.

- -