Re: OT - trivial programming language

Incoming from Micha Feigin:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 05:56:00PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >
> >     No self respecting programmer should ever use tabs.  Ever.  And yeah, I
> > know certain people (*cough*Linus*cough*) does, doesn't mean the rest of us
>
> It doesn't really matter what method you use as long as you are
> consistent.

It doesn't matter how consistent you are.  As soon as you accept a
file from someone else, you're back at square one.

However, this is likely only a problem for those of us who hate tabs.
Those who like tabs are blissfully ignorant of the problems they
cause.  Thankfully, we've found ways to deal with this ridiculous
preference of yours (man expand, man unexpand, perldoc Text::Tabs, ...).

- -