Re: Using rsync over SSH

On  0, Mark McRitchie <Mark.McRitchie@salamis.co.uk> wrote:
> > Finally, it turns out the the Solaris machine is not running OpenSSH,
> > and instead running SSH Corp's (ssh.com) version.  Does
> > anyone know how
> > to setup single-use keys with that version of SSH?  SSH Corp's version
> > doesn't use an authorized_keys file.

Sun uses SSH version 1 only by default. The latest updates of Solaris 9
also include ssh version2 support. Anyway, according to the sshd man
page on my Solaris 9 box, SSH v1 also uses the .authorized_keys file.
You just have to make sure to create an RSA keypair instead of a DSA
keypair, which is only used in SSH v2.
Creating an RSA keypair will create a .identity file and a
.identity_public file 9or something similar). Append the public file to
the .authorized_keys file on your solaris box and it should work just
fine.

HTH, Wouter van Reeven

--

Black holes are where God is dividing by zero.