Question about dpkg-scanpackages

Hello List!

I've setup my apt-get repository the way I like it. Now my other goal is
to include my custom Debian packages in my apt-get repository.

The way I understand dpkg-scanpackages, is that packages listed in the
Packages.gz file are available via apt-get install.

The trouble I'm running into is trying to figure out the right method of
registering custom packages in my repository, I've tried the following.

# cd /var/cache/apt/archives
# ll foo-bar.deb
# dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null | gzip -9c >>
/local/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

When I check the Packages file, foo-bar.deb is included.

Then when I try to move the foo-bar.deb package, I use the following
command.
# apt-move move
This works when packages are sync'ed with http://ftp.us.debian.org
stable main, but custom packages still get skipped.

# Moving files...
# Skipping files:
# $/var/cache/apt/archives/foo-bar.deb
# Moving files:

Any help with this, I would be very grateful!

~~Rick King

Apt-get Repository:
/local/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386
/Packages.gz
/admin
/alien
/base