Re: Postfix question....

On Mon, 24 May 2004 at 20:21:35 +0000, Steven Sheeley wrote:

> I can reach the debian box with Outlook from my personal machine and pick up my email just fine.... I can not, however, send it.
> When I write an email and click on send, it times out.

I think you have my problem: how to authenticate users to postfix so
that it can relay mail. You could configure the server's subnet as you
are by putting in /etc/postfix/main.cf :
smtpd_recipient_restrictions= permit_mynetworks check_relay_domains
but I haven't tried that because I want to use sasl. You should also
define "mynetworks" accordingly.
Saluti, Mauro.
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
GnuPG key ID: 28A61681