Nvidia drivers && fast writes

Hello,

In /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status I can see the Fast Writes are disabled, altough /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/card says that fast writes
are supported.

helios@qntal:~$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status
Driver:          AGPGART
AGP Rate:        8x
Fast Writes:     Disabled
SBA:             Enabled

helios@qntal:~$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/card
Fast Writes:     Supported
SBA:             Supported
AGP Rates:       8x 4x
Registers:       0x1f000e1b:0x1f004302

All webpages related this subject say I should add
"options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1" after
alias char-major-195 nvidia in /etc/modules.conf.

alias char-major-195 nvidia
options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1

The nvidia readme at: ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-5336/README
states:

        SBA and Fast Writes indicate whether either one of the features
        is currently in use. Please note that several factors decide if
        support for either will be enabled. First of all, both the AGP
        card and the host bridge must support the feature. Even if both
        do support it, the driver may decide not to use it in favor of
        system stability. This is particularly true of AGP Fast Writes.

Any suggestions on enabling Fast Writes or determining or the driver thinks it makes the system unstable (and how to fix it) are welcome.

And so I did but nothing changed (by default SBA is enabled). I'm running 2.6.6 kernel with nvidia drier 1.0-5336 (latest).

--
Elie De Brauwer
http://www.de-brauwer.be

No animals were hurt and no microsoft products were used during the
creation of this e-mail