Re: Knoppix stops on creating /etc/fstab

Michal R. Hoffmann wrote:

Hello,
I'm not sure if it ain't off-topic, but Knoppix is based on Debian...

On my 2xPII 350Mhz PC I have 1 partition with win95 (primary), and on extended partition I have few Debian/unstable partitions (swap, /, /usr, /var, /home). Recently I wanted to play with some features without messing up in my system, so I've tried to start Knoppix. But it cannot start, hangs on creating /etc/fstab... On another PC it worked well (although slooowly, as it was P233MMX).
What is wrong? Why cannot I start it on the 1st PC?

This is _just_ a guess; Knoppix sees your swap partition, tries to use it, and can't for some reason. I have no idea why this would be, or why it would show up when Knoppix tries to create /etc/fstab; I'm just stabbing in the dark, because I _think_ Knoppix will use an existing swap partition if it finds one.

--
Kent