Re: HD Regrets

Bob Tilley (AT&T) wrote:

[moved files from /dev/hda1 to /dev/hdb1]
I rebooted the box and when I logged in, /hdb1 did not exist.
To summarize, F'ing with the box for an inordinate amount of time
revealed that /dev/hdb1 was not being auto-mounted on bootup, only
/dev/hda1. I must manually "mount /dev/hdb1" to access the /home directory.

My question is two-fold: 1) How do I cause /dev/hdb1 to automount on bootup?
I suggest you post your /etc/fstab file.

                         2)  Is there a shorter solution to copying
                             /home/* from /hda1 to /hdb1?  If so,
                             what is it?

mount /dev/hdb1 /tempmnt
mkdir /tempmnt/home
cp -a /home/* /tempmnt/home

umount /tempmnt
rm -rf /home/*
mount /dev/hdb1 /home (fix /etc/fstab to do this automatically)

--
Kent