Re: rip VCD audio

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:29:55 -0500, Carl Fink wrote:

> If you can't find a better alternative, vsound would work.

Thanks, Carl,

that should have worked and is actually a good approach to capture the
output of (any) sound.

Just today I found what I had been looking for: a ripper; much faster than
real-time:

vcdimager rips the VCD down to .mpeg

mpgtx -d demuxes the channels (in this case audio and video).

Now the task is down to a few minutes per Bollywood-CD (or any other,
of course), to get the music 'portable'.

Thanks for your input; and FYI,

Uwe