Re: [OT] Debian Users: Please boycott Paypal

Antonio, et al --

...and then Antonio Rodriguez said...
%
% On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 03:36:50PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
% > On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 10:41:22AM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
% > > Has there ever been a reason to *not* boycott paypal?
% >
% > What are the alternatives to PayPal?
[snip]
% citi-2click (citibank)

This is new to me; I'd love to check it out.  Do you have a URL for us?

Of course, there are lots of pure merchant accounts out there, but
another advantage of paypal is that one's cost is directly related to
volume.  This is quite an advantage for our fledgling business.

% usps

That won't work for my needs; I need an on-line payment system that will
allow my new customer to sign up and then immediately get his goods (a
web site, in this case; I'd love to spout off about it but I probably
couldn't be so discreet as Emma).

Hands-off subscription management a la paypal is an added bonus, but I
could easily write an (or use an existing) interface to bill every month
if necessary.

% others

Oh, that's helpful... *snicker*

TIA & HAND