error running postrotate script

Recently a new cron error has been showing up during the daily logrotate
 session.

Running Debian 2.6.5 unstable primarily as bridged firewall and mail
server (postfix, mysql + courier imap). Also has apache running mainly
for web administration.

This info is being posted to root@,

<mail>
Subject: Cron <root@nooblet> test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts
-report /etc/cron.daily

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error running postrotate script
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
</mail>

The logrotate.conf as follows,

<logrotate.conf>
weekly

rotate 4

create

include /etc/logrotate.d

/var/log/wtmp {
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1
}

/var/log/btmp {
    missingok
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1
}
</logrotate.conf>

Without a proper explanation for the error I dont know where to look.
Any ideas?

Regards,
Steve

ps. I'm having problems sending to this list via usenet. I'm an easynews.com customer and any posts sent are accepted (no client errors) yet dont appear? (this is sent through lists.debian.org)

--
May the ping be with you ....

Registered Linux user number: 355729