Re: error while processing console-common_0.7.41_all.deb

james mcguire wrote:

I found a work-around. I guess console-common is being used. Here's what I did:

apt-get remove console-common
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
apt-get install console-common console-data (whatever other packages were removed with console-common)
dpkg-reconfigure console-common

set up your keyboard and you should be all set.

Good luck.

I have had a similar situation.
It started off with a problem with locales actually, and I rectified it by 'dpkg-reconfigure console-common'.
Didn't have to un- and then reinstall anything.
Regards,

David.