Re: html mails in mutt

On Tue, 18 May 2004 02:20:07 +0200, Victor Munoz wrote:

> Hello. I'm reading mails in both a woody and a sid machine with mutt,
> and it behaves differently with html mails.

There are 2 settings which control how mutt behaves with html mails.
Firstly, you need a line in ~/.mailcap (either of the following will do)
so mutt can determine how to render html.

text/html; w3m -T text/html -dump %s; copiousoutput
text/html; lynx -dump %s; copiousoutput

You're probably best using lynx
as with the -dump option it deactivates all the links in the page, but
gives you a list of them at the end. However, it doesn't render tables,
which w3m does (though w3m drops all the links)

After setting either of the above in ~/.mailcap, you need to put
auto_view text/html
in ~/.muttrc so that mutt will pass html to lynx or w3m for parsing and
display the result in the message pane.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply