menu: getting some entries in the root menu

I would like to set up my menus in such a way that some entries are in
the root of the menu, while the rest of the menus are in a submenu. I'm
not the only user on the machine and I want this to be configured this
way for all window managers which use menu.

So, I thought I'd copy /etc/menu-methods/ to ~/.menu-methods and add a
rootsection="/Foo" to ~/.menu-methods/menu.h, just to see if it works.
To my surprise, it didn't. Not only that, but while looking at other
window managers than my Openbox, I saw that, for example, Fluxbox has
all the entries in the root menu, not in the Debian submenu, as it
should (The documentation for menu says the default rootsection is
"/Debian").

My next problem was getting the entries in the actual root menu. I was
thinking section="/" would put it in the actual /, without prepending
rootsection (The one I still can't change). I tried section="/../", but
that didn't work (I wonder why :-)).

So, my question for the seasoned menu users is: since I'm starting to
think I'm going about this the wrong way, what _is_ the easiest way of
having all menu entries grouped under a submenu, with certain other
commands outside? (I have been thinking of putting all the files from
/usr/share/menu/ in ~/.menu, after modifying their section to include
what I want, but that would be too hard to manage.)

--
George Cristian Birzan			gcbirzan (at) wolfheart (dot) ro
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and