Samba: assign domain group policy through Samba tools?

I'm using Samba as a PDC on a domain with ten WinXP Pro clients, on
Debian testing/unstable.

Basic shares work great.

Getting the domain stuff set up was a bit trickier, but the OS News
article[1] and (once I realized the difference between 2.x and 3.x) docs
under /usr/share/doc/samba-doc/htmldocs/ were invaluable.  Tricky bit
was creating and mapping groups/users via 'groupadd' and 'net groupmap'.

Printing through CUPS + Samba was a nightmare, but I was under the
delusion it worked when I left work Friday night.  Erm.  Saturday
morning.  Post-sunrise.  Tricky bit was adding printer support via
'cupsaddsmb', and deciphering error output (stderr and logs).

I'm stuck on creating a group profile at the domain level, though.

The goal is to have a single point at which I can make
additions/deletions to Desktop, Start Menu, "Favorites" (bookmarks),
Startup, etc.  As well as making some registry edits (allowed/disallowed
apps).

I've copied the profile itself, through one of the XP clients, to a
directory under my [profiles] share on the Samba server.

What I don't see is a way to make the association between this profile
and the group ("members") which I'd like to have use this.

I do *NOT have a Win2K server on this domain to handle the mapping.  My
understanding is I'd be using the Groups configuration under domain
users and groups.  Somewhere.

I also don't find any specific guidance on how to make this association
*at* *the* *domain* *level*.

Chapter 24 of the Samba HOWTO Collection says:

    Creating and Managing Group Profiles

    Most organizations are arranged into departments. There is a nice
    benefit in this fact since usually most users in a department
    require the same desktop applications and the same desktop layout.
    MS Windows NT4/200x/XP will allow the use of Group Profiles. A Group
    Profile is a profile that is created first using a template
    (example) user. Then using the profile migration tool (see above),
    the profile is assigned access rights for the user group that needs
    to be given access to the group profile.
    The next step is rather important. Instead of assigning a group
    profile to users (Using User Manager) on a ?per user? basis, the
    group itself is assigned the now modified profile.

OK.  What am I missing?

Peace.

Notes:

1.  http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6684