Re: Back up a Windows box w/o Samba?

Silvan wrote:

I'm thinking a (Cygwin) bash script on the Windows box to rsync (or something) his files. It needs to be able to grab everything. I haven't thought it all the way through, and I'm looking for clever ideas.
Dircha's solution is probably going to be a lot easier for 10Mb of
files, but if the amount to backup starts to grow, or you'd like to back
up in both directions, setting up something like Rsync is going to pay off.

In that vein, you might like to check out Unison, which claims to run on
both Windows and Unix:
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Let us know how you get on, I might be interested in setting up a
similar system myself.

Cheers,

Jon