Re: Script execution at boot time..

Ishwar Rattan wrote:
I understand that there is documentation. I have looked at it but
have not had success. If you can help, please do so.

# vi /etc/init.d/rclocal

#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/ssh start
/home/mine/iptablerules

Make it executable:
# chmod ug+x /etc/init.d/rclocal

Symlink the script to run on multi-user boot
# ln -s /etc/init.d/rclocal /etc/rc2.d/S99rclocal

By default, your system boots into runlevel 2. Runlevels 3, 4, and 5 are not used on your Debian system unless you choose to configure and use them.

But I should ask: why did you choose this rclocal method rather than simply placing a symlink to /etc/init.d/ssh in the desired runlevel? In fact, at package installation time, ssh should have created such links for you.

Going the route you are, will you be doing anything to ensure that your ssh daemon is properly stopped at reboot (runlevel 6) and halt (runlevel 0)?

dircha