[OT] Might this be a symptom of a virus/worm?

I have received an email from the
progressivemusicforum@yahoogroups.com mailing list, to which I am
subscribed. The originator of the email has sent it to a large number
of recipients, as shown in the To: header - legitimately, not as spam,
but there are two spurious entries in the list:

Chipster@schnellbox.pigeonloft
Robert@schnellbox.pigeonloft

"schnellbox.pigeonloft" is an internal hostname of mine, obviously not
routable from "the outside". It is the box from which I post to the
progressivemusicforum list. I don't have users named "Chipster" or
"Robert". There is nothing in my exim logs relating to "Chipster" or
"Robert" and chkrootkit says nothing untoward is on any of my machines.

I am guessing that the guy who sent out the email in question may be
infected with some kind of virus which has found
"@schnellbox.pigeonloft" in the Message-Id: headers of my posts to
progressivemusicforum and added spurious user names to them which have
somehow found their way into the sender's list of recipients for the
email.

Googling for chipster robert virus doesn't throw up anything about a
virus that uses these fake names; does anyone on here recognise this
as possible viral behaviour? I've warned the sender just in case. The
full email is attached.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons