Re: kernel 2.6.6 - why shutting down my hard drives while rebooting?

Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
Actually, this is a result of some changes to the IDE flush code
that have made it unable to differentiae between a reboot and a
shutdown.  It is being worked by the kernel devs.

Eh, this is bad :-\
Can I turn this off? :))

Sure. Go back to a 2.6.5 kernel, then wait for 2.6.7 to be released.

Mike.

The fixes are also contained in the -mm1 and -mm2 patches.  I am not
certain if they are in the -bk snapshots yet.

-Roberto Sanchez