Ftp problem

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get acces to my debian system using a ftp program (which is installed on my Windows XP platform). But I can't get acces to my Debian system using this ftp program. I keep getting the following message:"10061 Connection is forcefully rejected". Thereby I can tell you I am sure that I am typing in the correct ip address (which is the IP address of my Debian computer) in my ftp program. Does anyone know what the message means I keep getting and does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Akkermans