Re: 2.6 and NVIDIA kernel
I realized that I had not installed any games ( except
gnome games ) at all...
I did find some slow performance to play tuxracer,
So, I should installed NVidia driver then. Last night
I installed the driver and thank God I'm
Here's what I did :
debian box sid 2.6.5 and
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run. Doing :
- cd NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336.pkg1
- as root doing : make install
- edit /etc/inittab and change default runlevel to
- cd to the directory where the NVIDIA...pkg1.run is
- the installer suggest to change runlevel to 3.
in my case, I didn't do what it suggest and go on
with runlevel 1 by answering 'No'.
- the installer said that there's no kernel
interfaces and suggest to download...say 'NO' !
- the installer than built its own kernel interface
for 2.6.5, just wait and see untill all process
- change runlevel via /etc/inittab to 5 ( or
whatever you wish )
Have a nice tuxrace..... ;-)
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'