Re: Xwindow Panic

Pedro M. (Morphix User) wrote:
I decided to install the new Xwindow version, but I panic when I see the program asking (again) the configuration files. I have my XF86Config files installed and I don't want to install them again ( it can happen a disaster).

So, I suggest the program preserve the config files if the user doesn't decide to reinstall them ( giving the concrete command).

And include the "skip" option in synaptic to stop installing a package is something is going wrong or un-desired.

Regards.

As you know the program will want to install configuration files, you can make a backup of the original/working files and then let it do what it wants - so you won't have a problem when the new configuration isn't working.
Just a thought, I've done so myself too :-)

HTH

Joris