Re: Make local KDM connect to remote KDM automatically?

Am 11.05.2004 um 02:50 schrieb Silvan:

> I currently have a script out of /etc/init.d that runs X -query [server].
> This works fine as far as my users ever notice, but if there's ever any
> reason to kill X, it doesn't respawn, and I have to intervene manually.
>
> Seems to me like there's some bit of magic I can work to get the terminal's
> KDM or XDM to query the server automatically.  That way I can be running ?DM
> on the terminal in the usual respawning fashion, and still have it manifest
> itself as a login screen for the server.

You don't need to have kdm or xdm installed on your terminal at all.
Just start your local X-server from /etc/inittab like this (untested):

8:345:respawn:/usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 vt8 -query [server]

Also have a look at "man 5 inittab".

Regards,
Dennis

--
Private Mails bitte an dennis@...! Alles, was an lists@stosberg.net
geht und nicht über die Liste kommt, verschwindet ungesehen im Müll.