Re: unable to install "woody" on i386

 --- slmpe <nouwens-kristensen@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> I seem to be unable to install Debian 3.0 on my computer. That is to
> "x connection to: 0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)"
> Furthermore I read
> "no screen"

This error has nothing to do with the installation of debian. For
starters, debian has nothing to do with configuring or using X for that
matter during install, and secondly, installation has already completed by
the time you get around to this.

I would re-run:

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

and do things properly. Beforehand though, make sure you look at the
output that:

gives you, and obtain both the BUSID and the correct make of your chipset
for the graphics card you have.

-- Thomas Adam

"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"