Re: HD recovery & debian installation mirroring (& others)

Paladin wrote:
Where can I get a detailed list of all packages installed and how can
I use it to reinstall Debian? And, if its in /var, what programas do
you suggest me to use for recovering this directory from the broken
HD? Since Saturday its state has just got worse and even gpart
doesn't recognize the partitions due to some bad sectors!

/var/lib/dpkg/status

Look for packages with a "Status:" field of "install ok installed". The "Package:" field is the name of the package.

Do you have an operable Debian system that you can look at to get the format of records in this file so that you can write up a quick script to do it for you?

Can you still mount the partition?

dircha