Re: PS/2 Mouse Problem!

On Monday 10 May 2004 02:55, Kaveh Gh wrote:
>  Hi! (Again)
>
>  In /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, the mouse device has been
> defined according to the following lines:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier "Configured Mouse"
> 	Driver	   "mouse"
> 	Option	   "CorePointer"
> 	Option	   "Device"     "/dev/psaux"
> 	Option	   "Protocol"	"ImPS/2"
> 	Option	   "Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
> 	Option	   "ZAxisMapping"	"4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier "Generic Mouse"
> 	Driver	   "mouse"
> 	Option	   "SendCoreEvents"	"true"
> 	Option	   "Device"    "/dev/input/mice"
> 	Option	   "Protocol"  "ImPS/2"
> 	Option	   "Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
> 	Option	   "ZAxisMapping"	"4 5"
> EndSection
>
>  As you can see, the mouse protocol that X uses is
> ImPS/2. In X environment, mouse works not really fine!
> I mean when I move the mouse slowly, it works not bad,
> but when I move it fast, it jumps from one side to the
> other side of screen, unwanted clicks and undesired
> scrolling will be happened :(

You are not running gpm as well by any chance?  Your symptoms sound as though
you might be.
If so you need
 	Option	   "Device"    "/dev/gpmdata"
	Option	   "Protocol"  "IntelliMouse"

And also check that /etc/gpm.conf contains something like
   repeat_type=ms3
   device=xxxx         ; might be /dev/input/mice or
                       ; /dev/psaux - I've no idea
   type=imps2

If you are fiddling with gpm, just hop into a terminal and edit /etc/gpm.conf,
restart gpm (with '/etc/init.d/gpm restart') and see if the mouse is happy in
the terminal. Once it is working correctly, edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
and restart X.
--
richard