mozilla firefox, mozilla thunderbird and kde-3.2.2

I am using mozilla thunderbird 0.5 and mozilla firefox 0.8 on kde=-3.2.2 on debian unstable

mozilla firefox

when I select an email link it opens up evolution
my settings in kde control centre point email clients to mozilla-thunderbird
KDE-Components -> Component Chooser -> Email = Mozilla-thunderbird
KDE Components -> File Associations -> message -> rfc822 = mozilla-thunderbird

mozilla-thunderbird
when I select a url it brings it up with mozilla (not mozilla-firefox)
KDE-Components -> File Associations -> text -> html = mozilla-firefox

can anyone point me where I can look further to change these settings so that
email link selected from webbrowser opens up in mozilla-thunderbird
web link selected from email opens up in mozilla-firefox

thanks