Re: Re: Re: No windowmanager when using vnc?

>Otherwise, the problem could be your display (debian:1), in particular
>if "debian" can't be resolved (I had such a problem in the past, but
>not specifically to vnc). Here, $DISPLAY is ":1.0", and there's no
>problem.

Give that man a prize :)  You mentioning this struck a chord - I recently
changed the subnet my debian box is on.  When I checked the hosts file I
hadn't updated it, so 'debian' was resolving to a non-existant ip.  I
changed it & vnc started working perfectly again.

Thanks a lot!