Re: sid or sarge where I am

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 04:36:13PM +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is an elementary question and I am sorry I did not find it in the
> documentation:
>
> I started with Knoppix 3.3 (woody) and made various time
> apt-get upgrade
> (including once apt-get -t unstable install xemacs)
>
> But right now, I am not sure whether I am on unstable or testing.
>
> BTW could I go back to woody
> like
> apt-get -t woody or the like?
>
> Is there any specific documentation about changing between distributions.
>
> Thanks
>

> Uwe Brauer
Hi Uwe,
at current, Knoppix is a mix of testing and unstable. But you can edit
apt configs in /etc/apt/* to set your desired distro. You can also use
apt-get dist-upgrade to have all you stuff upgraded to one distro,
unstable. It is difficult to downgrade to stable and will in most
attempts lead to breakage. Most people will just reinstall if they want
to downgrade and just do a 'dpkg --get-selections' to get a list of what
they want to install.
-Kev
-Kev