Problems after upgrading kernel from 2.4 to 2.6

Hello there,

I'm running the woody system and upgraded the kernel from 2.4.18-k7 to 2.6.5-k7(unstable). The problem is that since the upgrade, the system is crashing a lot! I'm just doing something in the computer and suddenly it freezes completely. Could it be some incompatibility between some stable packages and the unstable kernel package? Does anybody know something about this? Please help me!

Thomas Beresford