Re: Problem with italian keyboard

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:10:45AM +0200, Giannandrea Castaldi wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just installed debian unstable on my laptop (acer travelmate 342T)
> and I've some problem with the configuration of the keyboard (italian).
> I've configured the keyboard using kbdconfig and setting
> qwerty-italian-standard.

The way I fixed, following suggestions directly from the X site:
 Section "InputDevice"

Identifier  "Keyboard1"
Driver      "Keyboard"

    Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel"   "pc104"
    Option "XkbLayout"  "us,es"
    Option "XKbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"

Now, with only pressing alt and shift I switch from one key board on
the fly. No need to play anymore with anything else, nor to load any
custom xmodmap. In your case, I would say, what you need is the block

    Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel"   "pc104"
    Option "XkbLayout"  "us,it"
    Option "XKbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"

HTH