Re: installation

on Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 07:59:59AM -0400, Douglas Pollard (wormshoe@oasisonline.com) wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I installed Debian, Woody3.0r2 on my second hard drive back in
>     January but was too busy to learn Linux at the time. I removed it
>     by removing the drive partitions, to use the drive space. I am now
>     trying to reinstall but am getting this error message  Base
>     installation error  debootstrap exited with out an error [return
>     value1]. if you can help me please give me all the involved steps
>     as I will not be likely to know how to find the file.  I would
>     appreciate any help I can get here.

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

While many mail clients will accomodate unwrapped text:

  - Some don't.  Be considerate.

  - Many more fail to wrap and attribute quotes properly.

  - Many web-based list archives render unwrapped text as very long
    lines, e.g.:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200309/msg00568.html

Thank you.

RTFM: