Digital video recorder on Woody

I'm running Woody with KDE from download.kde.org. I'm trying to
install a current version of either Freevo or MythTV. I've run into a
few problems with both, but I'm sure it's somehow possible. I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

* binary freevo
freevo depends on python2.3-pygame
python2.3-pygame depends on libsdl-ttf2.0-0
libsdl-ttf2.0-0 depends on libfreetype6  (>= 2.1.5-1)
I don't want to install the new libfreetype6 because the last time I
did it broke fonts in KDE (from download.kde.org).

* binary mythtv
mythtv depends on libqt3c102-mt
I don't want to install libqt3c102-mt because I use libqt3-mt from
download.kde.org.

* source freevo
I haven't been able to find a deb-src for freevo yet. I'm working on
it.

* source mythtv
gcc-2.95.4 dies with an internal compiler error (d'oh)
gcc-3.3 cannot link with libqt3-mt from download.kde.org which is
compiled with gcc-2.95.4

Please cc me in your reply. Cheers!
Shaun