Re: ALSA stopped working at boot (sid)

Jonathan Heaney wrote:

Hi,

In the last week or thereabouts, my ALSA setup has stopped working, specifically modules etc failing to load at boot-time.

At boot I get the output-

"Restoring ALSA mixer setting ... failed:
You may want to run 'alsactl restore' manually to view any errors"

When I try that I (obviously) get

"alsactl: load_state:1134: No soundcards found..."

BUT - when I try /etc/init.d/alsasound start, (which afaik is what should be run at boot), ALSA starts fine, all the modules get loaded etc etc.

I've not seen anything on the mailing list archives on this, but when I checked out bugs.debian.org for 'alsa-base', I see that a new release was made (1.0.4-2) around about the 26th/27th of this month. I suspect this is probably the cause of the problem.

Anyone else seen this/know of a fix to get the startup scripts to work OK?

I've got the same situation, after upgrading alsa (in sarge).
Still checking the situation out, but the symptoms are identical, so it doesn't appear to be specific to Sid.
Regards,

David.