Re: installing sound drivers for es1371 sound card

I'm not the most qualified to answer this, but I'll try.

Install alsa-base and alsa-utils (apt-get alsa-base alsa-utils).  Run modconf
and go into alsa, then select snd-ens1371 as your sound driver.  Sound should
"JustWork(tm)" after that.

If you upgrade your kernel, as far as I know, it shouldn't involve saving any
desktop settings.  Just be sure to install/upgrade alsa when you do.

	Sean