Re: Flickering on flatscreen monitor, unable to use any opengl apps

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> Tim Connors wrote:
>  > What's the video card in a Mac G4?
>
> It's in a PC, a VIA motherboard and an AMD Athlon 2000+ CPU.

I was meaning, is the video card in a Mac G4 also a 9200? I don't know
anything about macs...

>  > Because I found out yesterday that GL-heavy code flickers on that (at
>  > about half the refresh rate), but only on the second display - also,
>  > we draw 200,000 points using glCallList, and sometimes those
>  > completely dissapear.
>
> It doesn't have to be GL, it can flicker in VGA/VESA-modes as well.

...but that line of thought was not relevant anyway.

Sorry - no idea on your problem...

"32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition."