Re: Starting x-apps from bash (or ssh)

 --- Sturla Holm Hansen <sturla@lundkommisjonen.no> wrote:

> I'm trying out debian, and so far I like it a lot, but one things bugs
> me:
> I can't start x-apps from a bash-terminal or from an ssh-windows like
> I'm used to doing in redhat/fedora.
> Could anyone point me to a sollution?

Do you mean to say that you cannot load any X11-based apps at all from an
xterm? That doesn't really make sense since xterm *is* an X11 application.
The only thing I can think of that might cause this, is if you are trying
to run an X11 application under a different user from which you invoked
X11 as, without exporting DISPLAY, and xauth merging your Xauthority
file...

In short, we're going to need much more information from you, to be able
to help you further.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net