Re: Restoring config files from default

I tried apt-get --reinstall, but it didn't have the desired effect. In
the following log I try to restore /etc/protocols with no luck.

Please cc me in your reply. Thanks,
Shaun

root@quince /etc# dpkg -S /etc/protocols
netbase: /etc/protocols
root@quince /etc# ls -l protocols
ls: protocols: No such file or directory
root@quince /etc# apt-get --reinstall install netbase
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 1 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/47.5kB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 123977 files and directories currently
installed.)
Preparing to replace netbase 4.07 (using
.../archives/netbase_4.07_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement netbase ...
Setting up netbase (4.07) ...