Re: Hotplug reboots system

Thanks - this fixed problem
Glenn
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 14:16, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, glenn wrote:
> If I have hotplug installed, my system boots ok, but after a random time
> < 1 min, it reboots. Any ideas where I can begin to trouble shoot this?

Looks like you got the
i810_tco-will-reboot-machine-even-if-/dev/watchdog-was-never-opened bug.

Try blacklisting i810_tco.  If that isn't it, try blacklisting every
watchdog module hotplug might be loading.

WTF hotplug is doing loading a watchdog module is anyone's guess, but
there was someone else in the list with the same problem.

WHY i810_tco is killing the machine, I have no idea. I have it compiled
statically in my kernel, and it works as expected (i.e. it won't do anything
unless you activate /dev/watchdog).

  Henrique Holschuh