Re: ddclient startup script problems

 --- Dave <dave_dyck@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Yes I'm running it as root.  When I type "/etc/init.d/ddclient start" at
> the
> prompt when logged in as root, nothing happens.  "ps aux" does not show
> ddclient as running.  On the other hand, if I only type "ddclient start"
> at
> the prompt, it starts up.

That makes no sense, unless the ddclient program accepts 'start' as valid
parameter. I would be inclined to trace the execution of the
/etc/init.d/ddclient script. Add:

set -xv

below the hash-bang line (the line that starts: #!/bin/sh)

Then run the script, and paste the output back to the list.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"