Sarge and kde

Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> wrote on Tue, 27 Apr 2004:-

[snip]

>Try to wait some days, the KDE transition in Sarge from 3.1.5 to 3.2.2
>has just started, so conflicts might easily arise.

>I.e. right know konqueror is at 3.1.5-2 but kdelibs-bin at 3.2.2-2
>(try "apt-cache policy konqueror kdelibs-bin") in Sarge;

Damn! I could have sworn that I checked that. Clearly, I didn't.

>the meta packages like "kde" are way off, btw, so rather pick >individual packages...

>Cheers,
>Flo

It's a little late for me to do that - all the other packages
(except the four depending on konqueror or each other) went in fine.

Again, many thanks, Flo.

Regards,			John.

P.S. Kevin Mark's suggestion would certainly have helped me
for Kde installing for me is bewilderingly complex.