Re: X process cpu use

Frédéric Dreier <frederic.dreier@uptime.ch> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen that my X process is eating always at least 10-15% of cpu
> time.. I was wondering if it was 'normal'.

It depends on what you have going on.  X is running whenever things
change on the screen.  For example, it runs if i have an rxvt with a
heavy scrolling program spewing output.  It runs when my browser has
an animation (mostly annoying ads).  I fire up xosview and see some X
activity.  Do you have anything which continually draws on the screen?

> I have noticed this on my dell laptop (p3, nvidia, kernel 2.6,sid).

I think it is more directly related to the apps you are running.

--
Johan KULLSTAM