Re: Gbucash (Sarge)

Keith O'Connell wrote:

Hi,

As a followup to my earlier post, I ran gnucash from a terminal in X and when it failed, it left me with the message

/usr/bin/guile-1.6: relocation error: /usr/lib/gnucash/gnucash/libgw-business-core.so.0: undefined symbol: gncOwnerCreate

Which I take to mean a library promlem - Anyone else with a GnuCash/Sarge problem?

Keith
Hello Keith,

Yes, me.
I don't know what happened exactly (I've been doing a lot of removing/installing of packages lately), but I call gnucash up, it does its' little onscreen dance, and then disappears. So, I assumed that I must have inadvertently removed a library somewhere, somehow, aptitude had permitted it somehow, and there may have been a warning message or not, but I visited Debian 'debs', listed all the dependencies, and reinstalled them/upgraded them. Shut down completely, as I have recently installed new versions of things like discover, lvm, etc, and wanted to see them in bootup, and absolutely no change.

On your post, I try a terminal, and get the same response. With 'ownercreate', I try the same thing as root.
Same reaction.
Guppi was a package that was also employed by gnumeric until recently. They don't use it now, having instigated something else, and it's in the back of my mind that it could have something to do with that. But I'll aim for something simpler initially.
Regards,

David.