Re: wiki recommendations?

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:54:50PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'm on the verge of restructuring several wiki-like websites &
> wondered whether anyone out there had used several of the wiki-clone
> packages, and could giverecommendations.  I've used MoinMoin nad liked
> it, but I just want to see what people think of the competition before
> I recommit.

Some months ago, I wanted to set up a wiki myself. After evaluating
several wiki's, I decided on phpwiki because it was easy to use
(formatting, creating new pages, viewing diffs, etc.) and it had an
UpLoad WikiPlugin, with which users can upload a file and then link to
it on their pages. However, it is not so easy to include graphics.
Currently, I have a wiki on my server's site and one in my home
directory for personal use. Works either way, after some tweaking.

Might you find another wiki more useful, please let us know...

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!